Terms and Conditions of ATFA Membership
By taking out membership with ATFA, you agree to the terms and conditions of membership set out below.
Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics
As a member of the Australasian Timber Flooring Association Ltd, the member agrees to uphold the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics, according to the following conditions:
- To conduct my business with customers and provide products and services with honesty, integrity, fairness, value and competence;
- To promote the merits of the products I use and the services I provide without degrading competitors;
- To ensure that all the products and services I provide are delivered as advertised and that all claims made are genuine;
- To provide all the facts about the materials I use so that the truth about my products and services may be fully understood;
- To ensure that the standard of product or service delivered to the customer is provided as promised and in accordance with industry practice and in a manner which shall enhance the reputation of the industry;
- To abide by all relevant Governmental legislation, regulations, codes, standards and by-laws;
- To support the ATFA and its goals and purposes towards advancing the Timber Flooring Industry;
- To ensure compliance with this Code by all other members of my organisation, to the extent that this Code applies to them;
- To abide by this Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics and recognise the ATFA as the authority in all matters relating to the interpretation and enforcement of this Code, within prevailing legal limits; and
- To avoid any action which may bring the ATFA and its members into disrepute.
- I acknowledge that by becoming an ATFA member there is no joint venture or partnership created between myself and ATFA and I do not obtain any proprietary interests in the assets of ATFA.
- I agree to inform ATFA of any legal proceedings commenced against me during my membership with ATFA and I acknowledge that my membership with ATFA will be automatically terminated in the event specified under Rule 12A of the ATFA Constitution. I further acknowledge that ATFA may terminate my membership without notice if in the sole opinion of ATFA, I am in breach of the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics or I am in breach of any warranty given.
- I agree to indemnify ATFA from all claims, losses, costs and damages which are made against ATFA arising from my insolvency, breach of contract or negligence.